Problem: User has a Blackberry. Is part of the company’s BES. Syncing wirelessly is the company’s default setting when deploying Blackberries. This particular user did not have the option. When I checked her Wireless Sync settings under the Contacts–> Options — >Desktop, it said “Not Available”.
I tried the following steps:
1. From your Blackberry, go to Options>Advanced Options>Enterprise Activation.
2. In the email field, press and hold the ALT key and type CNFG. Once you enter this a hidden menu should appear.
3. Change the “Wireless Sync” option to No and Save, then exit the menu.
4. Wait 30 seconds and repeat step 2.
5. Change the “Wireless Sync” option to Yes and Save, then exit the menu.
After trying the above steps, the option was available. I set the Wireless Sync to “Yes” however after a while the Enterprise Activation kicked in. After activating to 100% I checked the Wireless Sync option again and it was back to “Not Available”.
Solution: Had to check with the BES server folks. The user’s profile on the BES server did not have the Wireless Sync option enabled (guess they missed that option for her). Thus, every time I forced it, using the steps above, it was reset to “Not Available” after the Enterprise Activation sent down her Address Book Options from the server. After they enabled the option on the server, I waited about 10 minutes, and then noticed the Enterprise Activation process started again. After it completed, the Wireless Sync option was set to “Yes”